B Field Sources
The suggested approach for learning the material in each subject area
Important: do NOT spend enormous amounts of time
on any one WebHW problem just spinning your wheels. Every single
WebHW problem can be worked in just a few minutes if you know what you
are doing. Stop by for an office visit if you are stuck, but be
sure to bring your homework solutions manual with you. I
can usually spot a mistake very quickly by looking at your
work. I absolutely will not work a problem for you unless
I can see what you have already done. If you don't even know how
to get started, you can come by - in such a case, I will get you
started, so you can go on to work the problem.
- Begin by reading the
associated chapter in your textbook. Do this well
before the subject is discussed in class.
- Jot down any questions you have, and ask them in class.
- Work as many WebHW problems as you can.
- Watch the Mechanical Universe films.
- Re-read the Reading Assignment, and continue work on WebHW.
If you continue to have difficulties, stop by for an office visit.
- Repeat step 5 until you are comfortable with the material, and
have completed all WebHW problems.